Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Online Classifieds, "Lady Driven"

My first post is the one that caused me to start this blog in the first place. Let me tell you, I know a lot of good lady drivers. I also know, and regularly witness, a lot of bad lady drivers. However, as far as that is concerned, I aslo know and witness a lot of bad male drivers! But, the reason I am posting this is in response to the people who post their vehicles as "lady driven" and how that's a good thing. Therefore, do not assume that I think men are better drivers or that I'm being a male chauvinistic pig (I can't even spell the word, see?). I'm simply repsonding to what was already brought up as a good attribute and dispelling the myth that "lady driven" is a positive thing to list on your classified ad...

See, first of all, observe the drivers around you. Do you see that Mom in the mini-van? Most likely, she pushes that van pretty hard. Kicking the doors shut with her heel, mashing the gas at the green light, waiting 'till the last opportunity to finally hit the brakes and then hit them hard. Now, is this different than most of the men you see driving? Probably not, so why is "lady driven" something to brag about? If anything, should this maybe serve as a warning to potential buyers?

This doesn't end at just "lady driven". How about the sales pitch that the car you were interested in was "owned by a dear old grandma/grandpa"? Think about that one!!!!

Anyways, there's my first rant--- sorry, *post* for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment