Thursday, July 30, 2009

Buckle your KIDS!

This one goes out to all those wussy parents who think they are the exception to the rule of statistics and decide they're kids do not need to be buckled in their car.

I knew someone once who had a minor fender-bender with a lady. However, the lady leapt out of her car screaming "My baby, my baby!" It turned out she had a valid concern, her baby was in a car seat, but the car seat wasn't buckled into the car itself! Luckily, the baby was fine, but man I sure hope that lady got a wake up call that day.

Seriously, people, what makes you think its OK for you to NOT buckle your kids? Do you think "They're young, they'll bounce back!". What one earth are you thinking? I don't care how far or how fast you are going, take the 2 seconds of effort and buckle them up.

Oh, and don't give me the "He/She won't stay buckled up" or "He/She won't listen to me".... What a whiner! Who's the parent and who's the child? Put your foot down and get that brat in line. Do you hate him/her enough to see them fly through your windshield and lay mangled on the pavement, dying in your arms? THINK ABOUT IT.

Honestly, the government sees fit to make us get a driver's license, a fishing license, a hunting license, even a marriage license! Why can't they implement a policy that requires a license to have a child??? Seriously, so many people out there need to have code-locked zippers installed on their pants!

Any fool can have a baby. It takes a real man/woman to raise a child.

Dang, 20 million sperm and you were the one that made it through?

Why isn't common sense more common?

1 comment:

  1. I agree, however I have one other complaint to add to this.:) I wish parents would realize that just buckling them into their car seats isn't enough, the seat belts have to be tight on them! Otherwise you aren't doing a thing! I get so scared everytime I see a parent not tighten their child up in their seat...the belt being tight is not going to kill them! There you go, that is my rant.:)

    ReplyDelete